Despite its somewhat odd shape, the PlayStation VR headset is extremely comfortable. It's fairly lightweight and designed so that the weight it does have is spread evenly between the back and front of the head. That doesn't mean you can just jump in and everything is hunky dory. The moving parts on PlayStation VR link comfort and focus together, so here's what you need to know to get the best of both.
How to adjust your PlayStation VR headset
Push the button on the back center of the headset. This will release the clasp and allow you to enlarge the headband.
- While holding the button in, pull the headset from the other side and slide it over your head.
- Position the goggles to go over your eyes and position the back strap just below the center of the back of your head.
- Press the button on the bottom right of your headset. This will release the clasp and allow you to move the goggles closer or further from your face.
- Adjust the goggles to firmly, but comfortably, sit on your face. Don't worry too much about the bleeding light just yet.
- Turn on your PlayStation VR. If the image looks blurry, adjust the face mask until it looks clear.
- Now, on the back of your head twist the turn dial that is on the top of the strap (above the central button). This will tighten the headset.
- Note: Don't tighten it too much. You only want to secure this to your face.
There you have it! After you've secured the headset by tightening the dial you may need to do a few more minor adjustments by positioning the goggles, but this is the best way to get the perfect fit for your PlayStation VR.
There's only one cable coming out from PlayStation VR at the headset, which is terrific, but it's also important to make sure you're comfortable with it before you embark on your virtual adventure. If the cable is on the left of the headset, you need to have the processor unit on the left side of your body.
This way, the cable will fall straight down and off to the console. If you have it on the right-hand side, you'll have to loop it around you, which is neither comfortable nor recommended. Keep those cables away from potential tangles and trips. PlayStation VR isn't room scale, so at least you shouldn't be going so far that you're going to start tripping over, but it's still something to be aware of.
Enhance your PlayStation VR experience with these accessories
Sony WH1000XM3 ($348 from Amazon)
Manage your Sony WH1000XM3 easily with touch controls and Alexa-enabled voice commands. The headphones have noise-isolation technology with over 30 hours of battery life. They're hands-free, cord-free, and hassle-free.
AmazonBasics Microfiber Cloth ($13 at Amazon)
When it comes to cleaning lenses or electronics a microfiber cloth is your safest option. You can use them dry, without any harmful chemicals, to clean all the sensitive equipment you have. This deal is amazing where you get 24 of them for just $13!
Bleach Free Disinfectant Wipes ($7 at Amazon)
These disinfectant wipes do not contain any traces of bleach. That makes this option the best when it comes to cleaning equipment that has to be used on your face. For $8 you can get a pack of four, totaling at 80 singular wipes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.