The latest content patch for Fortnite is out, and while many of the changes remain small while Epic prepares for Season 10, there has been a brand new shotgun added into the game. The Tactical Shotgun is a redesign of the original tactical shotgun that has been in the game, this time with Epic and Legendary variants. The weapon has a different look and promises to pack more of a punch this time, with more maximum damage.
Elsewhere in the patch, the Supressed Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle has been vaulted, making room for the original Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle to make a return in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants. Some minor gameplay fixes have also been addressed. You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portions of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
Weapons + Items
- New Epic and Legendary Tactical Shotgun.
- 83 / 87 maximum damage.
- 1.5 shots per second.
- Holds 8 shells.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.25.
- Available from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Loot Carriers, and Vending Machines.
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle now has reduced zoom while scoped.
- Vaulted Suppressed Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Unvaulted Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
Combat Shotgun changes
- Reduced Headshot multiplier from 1.7 to 1.5.
- Reduced the long range effectiveness of the Combat Shotgun
- Picking up an item that fills a stack and creates an overflow will no longer result in the currently equipped item being dropped.
- Instead of causing the currently equipped weapon to be dropped, the overflow will be dropped.
- Players will now automatically pick up a consumable if it is already in their inventory and not maxed out.
- A new Glider and Harvesting Tool have been added for Save the World Founder's Pack owners.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Luna is both a safe bet and Amazon's best idea in years
Is "rolling your own" Netflix-style game library what we really want? Amazon thinks so.
Google's parent company settles shareholder lawsuit over sexual misconduct
Following sexual misconduct reports from 2018, Google has settled a shareholder lawsuit and announced major changes to how the company operates in these regards — including no severance packages for employees fired over sexual misconduct.
Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G won’t launch until weeks after September 30 event
Google’s announcing its new Pixel phones, the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, on September 30. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a while longer before they actually launch.
Check out the hundreds of games available for the Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest allows you to play VR games without requiring a PC, phone, or external sensors. Here's every game you can buy or download for free!