What you need to know
- Google's upcoming Pixel Feature drop has been revealed by an update to the Pixel Tips app.
- Users will get dark mode scheduling, fast access to cards and passes, and car crash detection.
- The March feature drop will likely pop out with the March 2020 security update.
Last year, Google made a decision. It would no longer be sticking to a yearly schedule for Pixel feature updates, nor would it be drip-feeding features at random points in the year. Instead, it would be packaging features into "feature drops" and dropping a whole bunch of features at once. The point? So users could know what to get excited about and more importantly — when.
Now, its second feature drop is just about due out, and we're getting some information about what could be in there. The folks over at 9to5Google have managed to pull some data out of an update to the Pixel Tips app, revealing what's coming in the next feature drop.
As per 9to5Google's APK teardown, the March feature drop will include the following features:
- Dark Mode scheduling - A feature thought to be Android 11 exclusive. Google is likely adding it to Pixels in next week's feature drop.
- Cards & Passes - You'll be able to access your Google Pay cards and passes by holding down the power button for quick access.
- Play/pause Motion Sense gesture - You'll now be able to pause and play music on the Pixel 4 with an air tap. Congratulations, you're Tony Stark.
- Car crash detection - The Pixel will now call emergency services if it detects you'd been in a car crash. Another pretty useful feature.
Google is expected to roll out the March feature drop with the March security update sometime next week. If these features are there — and they probably are — it won't be long before Pixel users can play with them.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Want to make a quick $10? Just buy the Fitbit Inspire 2 during Black Friday
Want to start 2021 on a high note? Get ready to crush your workout goals with the Fitbit Inspire 2! It's on sale for just $70 for Black Friday, and thanks to a special promotion, you effectively make $10 when you buy it.
The Jabra Elite Active 75t are at an all-time low price for Black Friday
Ready to dominate your new year's workouts? Our favorite workout earbuds — the Jabra Elite Active 75t — are down to their lowest price ever for Black Friday!
Are you going to buy the Galaxy S20 FE for $550 during Black Friday?
The Galaxy S20 FE for $550 is one of the best Black Friday deals we've seen so far. Do you plan on picking up the phone at that price?
These battery packs will help your OG Google Pixel to keep chugging along
The original Pixel may still be your go-to device, but there's no mistaking the chances that the battery has degraded a bit since its release. In that case, you'll want to make sure you have an external battery pack handy at all times to make sure the Pixel lasts all day.