Flights are booked, bags are packed and passports are in hand. February inevitably becomes one wild tech ride, and 2013's not disappointing. Consider:
- Feb. 19: HTC events in New York and London, and something in Sydney as well. The consensus is that we'll see the fabled "M7," possibly called the "HTC One."
- Feb. 20: Not strictly Android-related, but Sony's got something going on -- most likely the next-generation PlayStation. Kind of a big deal.
- Feb. 23-27: Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The show doesn't actually open until Feb. 25. But as is the trend these days, we've got meetings and events as early as two days before doors open. We'll have a full MWC preview later this week, but expect news from Sony, ASUS, Huawei, ZTE, Mozilla, Ubuntu and LG, among others.
And that's just the stuff we can tell you about. Things are happening off the books and behind the scenes, as they always do. So you'll forgive me if I keep this kind of short this week. Gotta run, but not before a few other thoughts ...
- Our Valentine's Day contest was far more awesome than I could have possibly imagined. Hundreds of entries. It's so cool to get a look at our readers. Putting faces to usernames makes all the difference in the world, and it means a lot to me as an editor that so many people were willing to share even just a little bit of their lives with us. For that, I thank you.
- So where are the winners? My wife was intrigued by this contest. She was checking new entries regularly. So, I let her pick the winners. Only, she had a hard time doing so. So many good pictures. So what we're going to do is this: Three grand-prize winners of one Nexus 4 and one Nexus 7, along with some Android Central T-Shirts. And there are going to be a whole bunch of other entries that win T-shirts. Not just five, as I'd initially intended. Look for an announcement on the winners soon.
- Keep an eye on CrackBerry.com. A lot of good stuff coming out that camp. They're absolutely crushing it on the Z10 coverage. I should have one fairly soon. Never used a BlackBerry before (believe it or not), so this will be ... interesting.
- There's also a huge (and long overdue) redesign coming to CB. That's important because we're up next. And we're talking front-facing design as well as back-end features that will make all of our sites better for you as readers, and us as editors. Exciting times are ahead.
- I'm definitely talking about DashClock Widget too much, but I don't care. It's that good, and that much of an improvement on the lock screen experience for Android 4.2. Now we just need to see some non-Nexus devices get upgrades.
- So cool to see the Preservation Hall Jazz Band playing with the Black Keys and Dr. John at the Grammy's last week. Got to see the New Orleans staple play at an AT&T thing last year. Always a treat.
- Pro tip: If the only comment you intend to leave on a post is "Why is the editor of an Android site using a Mac?!?!?", save yourself the trouble and don't do it. I don't care. I use what works for me, and I use all sort of platforms. Don't be a dick.
And now to end on a completely disturbing note, this gem, from our look at the Nexus 4 wireless charger. Just can't keep my hands off the Nexus Q.
Here's who NBA 2K21 thinks is going to win the NBA Finals
The NBA Finals are set to start on Wednesday, and with an intense matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat, we've decided to see how the teams would fare a bit early, thanks to some simulations in NBA 2K21.
The Google Pixel 5 is official — here's what you need to know!
It's here. The Google Pixel 5. From the specs, pricing, release date, and more, here's literally everything you need to know!
Everything you need to know about the Pixel 4a and Pixel 4a 5G
The Pixel 4a is now available, the Pixel 4a 5G is coming soon, and we've rounded up everything you need to know about both phones. Let's dive in!
Keep your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 looking stylish with a new band
If you recently purchasedthe new Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 or you're planning to do so soon, make sure you've got the right bands for it!