CyanogenMod 7.2 release candidate now live with support for 69 Android devices
The first major CyanogenMod release of the year is upon us, as the leading custom Android firmware launches the first release candidate (RC) build for version 7.2. CM release candidates are generally considered stable enough for regular use, and are intended to flush out the last remaining bugs before the final release.
In addition to the large jump in the number of supported devices, currently at 69 for the new release candidate, CM 7.2 adds bug fixes and new features. These include a few which have back-ported from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Others, such as the T9 predictive phone dialer, are found in manufacturer ROMs but not stock Android.
CyanogenMod 7.2 is still based on Gingerbread, so the list of supported devices focuses on phones and tablets running Android 2.3.7 or older. CyanogenMod 9, the next major version, is based on Android 4.0. Early nightly builds of CM9 are available for a few devices, including the Galaxy S II, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S.
Hit the source link for the gigantic list of CM 7.2-supported phones. We've got the full changelog after the break.
CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 changelog
- New devices: Samsung Galaxy Ace, Mini, and Epic. LGE Optimus Black, 3D, Hub, Pro, Sol, and One. Motorola Atrix. Sony Ericsson Xperia Live, Pro, and Active. Huawei U8150
- Common: Updated translations - (everyone)
- Common: T9 predictive Phone dialer - Danesh M, Pawit Pornkitprasan
- Common: Media player and recorder fixes for a number of corner cases - CAF, Danny Baumann
- Common: Profile resets - Ladios Jonquil
- Common: Assorted Wifi fixes
- OMAP Common: Support for recent OMAP3/OMAP4 devices - omapzoom
- Common: Control haptic in quiet hours - Danesh M
- Common: Lockscreen updates and new styles - Andrew Sutherland, Danny Baumann, Danesh M, Sven Dawitz, Taichi Nishimura
- Common: Bluetooth MAP support - Jonathan Bensen
- Common: ICS telephony fix backports - Spencer Oliver
- Common: Support for Bluetooth GPS dongles - Cuong Bui
- Common: Better support for mouse and usb keyboards - Emilio Lopez, Tanguy Pruvot
- Common: Fix timezone detection in Hawaii - Warren Togami
- Common: ICS Transition effects backport - Russ Underhill
- Common: ICS Rotation effects backport - Tanguy Pruvot
- Common: Allow photo storage selection when possible - Greg Kochaniak
- Common: Improved Calendar reminder options - Danny Baumann
- Common: Fix color banding in Gallery while displaying 32bpp images - Sang Tae Park
- Common: ADB over network
- Common: Improved AVRCP 1.3 compatibility
- Common: Improved external keyboard and mouse behaviour on some corner cases - Tanguy Pruvot
- Common: Status bar battery icon configuration - Simon Davie
- Samsung Galaxy S GSM devices: Fix emergency dialing
- p990: Add FM Radio support
- p990/p999: fix background calls, fix HDMI output in 1080p
- zeppelin, morrison, motus: Fixed camera zooming issues
- Samsung Galaxy S devices: Add tv-out
- Several devices: Fix device identification on Android Market
- crespo, jordan, blade, v9, Samsung Galaxy S devices: Device specific settings section
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Alex was with Android Central for over a decade, producing written and video content for the site, and served as global Executive Editor from 2016 to 2022.