It's September, which means another update to Chris Lacy's excellent Action Launcher, our favorite third-party launcher.
This month, Action Launcher offers a set of features that are rumored to be coming to the upcoming Pixel phones when they are expected to launch next month. Many of the improvements, such as swiping up from the dock to reveal All Apps, have been built through leaks and off-hand experiences.
The full change log is below:
- Integration of Nexus Launcher's rumored All Apps drawer. Swipe up on the dock to reveal All Apps.
- Two new Nexus Launcher inspired style folder types!
- Add tinted dock background.
- Customize the colors of All Apps, folder icons and the dock background via Quicktheme.
- Add caret (^) page indicator.
- Add Google "pill" widget.
- Add date widget.
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes.
I've been using the September update on my Moto Z for a month or so in beta form and have to say it is one of the most easily-recommended launcher experiences on Android, period.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.
Daniel Bader was a former Android Central Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor for iMore and Windows Central.