Check out a new photo app still in beta, and enter to win one of two Nexus 7s
We're keeping our weekly photo contests rolling right along as usual, but we're doing things a little differently this week. In typical fashion we're providing you with a prompt and offering up some great prizes for your entries, with the small twist that the folks at Pixite are offering everyone an awesome tool to help them with their entries — a beta track release of their photo app, Fragment, that's coming to Android very soon. This week's prompt is "fragment" (or fragmentation, run with it) — and we can't wait to see what you do with that idea.
While creating photos with the Fragment app is in no way required to win this contest, we think you'll enjoy having the opportunity to get in on the beta group before the app is available to everyone. Head to this beta group for Fragment and apply to join. Once accepted (you'll be notified in Google+ and by email), you can head to the Play Store and buy Fragment for just $1.99 and check it out before it's been released on Android.
Our friends over at Pixite are offering up some big prizes this week. To celebrate the launching of Fragment on Android, two winners this week will be taking home a Nexus 7 tablet.
Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a forums post at the link below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (August 19) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.
- Pictures must be taken with an Android device
- Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
- Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
- Only one entry per week per person.
Good luck, everyone!