With more ways than ever to get the sharpest or smoothest shot possible, we're ready to see what you can do with your phone camera this week.
With today's release of the Google Camera app, more than a few people are thinking about the great things that are possible with camera hardware and software in today's leading smartphones. You have more options than ever to take amazingly crisp and clear pictures, or selectively apply an artistic blur to them if you see fit. For that reason we're making this week's photo contest prompt "Focus and Blur" — and whether it's an amazingly sharp and in-focus shot or a smoothed-out picture with a shallow depth-of-field, we can't wait to see entries this week.
True to the spirit of what this contest is looking to do, we're going to give away a prize that is capable of taking some beautifully sharp and selectively defocused pictures — an HTC One M8 Google Play edition! We have just one to give away, so make that picture count!
Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a forums post at the link below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (April 22) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.
- Pictures must be taken with an Android device
- Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
- Only one entry per week per person.
Good luck, everyone!