MobileCON kicks off today with an announcement from Sprint and Samsung for the LTE-enabled Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. No details on pricing or dates, but they did give us the spec sheet. There are another three devices Sprint also announced, which we'll get to in a second.
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8960 chipset)
- 10.1-inch WXGA PLS TFT 1280 x 800 display
- 7,000mAh Lithium-Ion battery
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and microSD card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card
- Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Talk
- Google Mobile wireless services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps for Android, Google Calendar, Voice Actions and YouTube
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Face Unlock uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to allow the user switch on the phone and look at it to get past the lock screen – no passwords to remember, nothing to type or swipe
- AllShare Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
We reviewed the AT&T version of this bad boy awhile back, so feel free to take a read-through. Anyone biting?
- Related devices:
- Filed under: