Sega has been working hard to bring Sonic The Hedgehog games to Android and their latest release is now available in the Android Market. Sonic 4 Episode 1 picks up where the Sonic CD series left off and even includes some exclusive content:
- 2 Exclusive Levels - Two exclusive levels build specifically for smartphones using the accelerometer.
- New Moves - All of Sonic's classic moves are available, including the newer Homing Attack which will add a new level of control and excitement.
- Classic Sonic Stages - Race through 4 unique zones containing 4 acts each as well as 7 special stages.
- Special Stages Return - A staple of the Genesis-era games, the special stages return allowing fans to collect the 7 Chaos Emeralds and unlock Super Sonic.
- Revamped Classic Boss Battles - Dr. Eggman returns with new and improved mechas and will go berserk when he accumulates damage.
The previous release Sonic CD, was a great port for Android users and from the looks of it - Sonic 4 Episode 1 will fit that bill as well. It's available right now in the Android Market for $4 -- download link can be found past the break for you all. Once you play through it, you can take satisfaction in knowing Episode 2 isn't that far off.
- Filed under: