Using Netgear's PTV3000 Miracast adapter has been a pretty hit-or-miss affair, and is hoping to improve with its latest firmware update. Firmware v2.2.12 has a changelog that is mainly similar to the previous one, but fixes a handful of nasty bugs.
- Dongle Tries to connect automatically even after a Manual Disconnect.
- Win8 PIN pairing times out too soon.
- WFD session exited abnormally (and inaccessible for some time).
- Dongle locks up completely and is inaccessible when halting the WFD association process. Also, fixed the rare subsequent kernel panic in that condition.
- Win8/Widi 18.104.22.168, N6235,WiFi 15.5.7 TV screen error message or no screen projection (Acer H233H monitor).
- Sometimes unable to connect with Samsung Series 5 Win8 Laptops.
- Win8 WiDi mouse cursor position is off.
Fixing unnecessary complete lockups of the dongle is a great thing, but as @spaceman78204 pointed out to us on Twitter, it also seems to support his Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2 just fine. This adapter still seems to be having its fair share of issues, but at least Netgear is giving a shot at fixing them.
- Filed under: