Now that everybody's had a couple of days with their Droid X, it's time to start picking nits. And one such nit being picked in our Droid X forums is a perceived problem perpetuating a proper WiFi signal. Another involves syncing with Microsoft Exchange servers.
The good news is that it looks like an update is on the way. It appears most of you haven't gotten that OTA update to firmware 1.13.604 that we got last week, so our pre-release units might have been testing that out for Moto. Android Central Forums user g1to3vo678 (might wanna change that handle, pal) points out that there's some documentation for the 604 update (pdf), and Droid Life says it could be pushed out on July 19 (though we know of a whole lot of people still waiting on that rumored July 13 Froyo update for the original Droid, so take that unsourced rumor how you will). The doc states that you'll be getting:
- Improved battery charging status indicator.
- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
- Redesign of weather widget icons.
- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.
- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
- Organized favorite contacts by call count.
- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.
Sounds good to us. Alls I can say is I've had nary a problem with my Wifi signal. Can't speak to Exchange. [Motorola]