Verizon this morning confirmed via e-mail that an update is on the way to the Motorola Droid 2. Here's what you're getting:
- Improved battery life.
- Proximity sensor improvements (faster response).
- Weather widget works in landscape and portrait.
- Easier setup, better notifications for visual voicemail.
- Background email sync while the screen is off.
- Support for e-mail domain suffixes with more than three characters.
- Better text message organization.
- Edit text messages after attaching a video file.
- Guided Tour videos now stream from the help section.
- Faster GPS lock.
- Better Wifi-3G handoffs.
- Add gallery pictures to contacts.
- Export contacts to SD card.
- VZ Navigator now built in.
- See social networking contacts' details.
So, nothing earth-shaking, but a pretty good list nonetheless. You can get the full rundown and update instructions at the source link. [Verizon]