Are we really starting a CordCutters podcast? Why the hell not. I mean, I've done a few hundred podcast episodes in my day. The trick, of course, is keeping things interesting, particularly in this age of excellent (if overproduced) podcasts.
We're going to keep things simple, for now. We're going to keep things loose. And we're going to help answer some questions, I hope. So if you've got questions, fire 'em on over. Text is great. Or record your question and e-mail it on over. And if you've got thoughts on what you'd like to hear discussed, fire those on over, too.
And, mostly, we're going to have fun. Because there's no single right way to be a cord-cutter. We each have our different reasons and our different needs and our different ideas about what makes all this worth it.
In the meantime, here's the first episode — a fun little conversation with some great nerds from Mobile Nations on the announcement of a new Star Trek series with the return of Sir Patrick Stewart:
What else you missed on CordCutters.com:
- If you're paying a monthly fee for a service like Netflix, it's smart to watch things you might not otherwise bother with. And Extinction on Netflix turned out to be pretty good.
- The English Premier League is back! Here's how to watch the games in the U.S. if you've cut the cord.
- This Vizio sound bar is ridiculously good for $100.
- Roku TVs make up a quarter of the market. Its set-top boxes are extremely popular. And now you don't even need one to watch free stuff from Roku.
- Wait — YouTube doesn't consider the iPhone to be a "Signature Device"?!?!
- Finally — the first teaser for the second season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Samsung's foldable Galaxy Z Flip fully revealed in high-quality renders
Samsung's second folding phone — the Galaxy Z Flip — has been showcased in a bunch of new renders. We now have a clear vision of what the gadget looks like, and what features it'll bring to the table.
Everything you need to know about the upcoming Moto G8 family
Motorola's budget smartphone offerings for 2020 are shaping up to be quite impressive. Here's everything you need to know about the already-released Moto G8 Plus and G8 Play, along with what we know so far about the upcoming G8 and G8 Power.
Off-Facebook Activity rolling out to all users in the coming months
Facebook has announced that its new "Off-Facebook Activity" feature is now rolling out to all users.
People into rooting and modding should check out these phones
If you're looking ahead and know you'll want to change something on your next phone that requires custom software or root access, these phones are the best options.