It looks like Verizon is finally giving the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet an over-the-air software update to Google's Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Along with the update to a newer build of Android, users will also notice new improvements, the addition of new pre-loaded apps, and some bug fixes.
The update fixes issues with 4G data connectivity, improves voice performance, fixes Bluetooth audio issues when connected to WiFi, resolves an SMS bug, and will not longer disconnect your data while using VPN.
Verizon has also added the following services and apps to the Note 3 as a result of the software update:
- Knox 2.0 for enterprise support
- Find My Mobile
- Side Sync Call Forwarding Framework
- Virtual Tour Camera Mode
- Kids Mode stub (in Widget Tray) - a parental control capability to manage phone usage
Additionally, the following improvements to existing apps and services were also made:
- Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) has been updated
- Caller Name ID has been updated
- Isis Wallet changed to Softcard
Thanks to Shaun for the tip.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.