Sprint dropped word this morning that in addition to its Boost Mobile cousins, it also will be carrying the Samsung Transform Ultra. Specs, as you'll recall, include:
- 3.5” HVGA touch screen with full QWERTY keyboard
- 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 with Sprint ID customizable user interface
- Sprint 3G (EVDO Rev. A) network
- Dual Cameras- 3 MP camera and VGA front facing camera
- Sprint ID, a user-friendly means of customizing Android content on mobile phones. Allows users to instantly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience, including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers, all at once.
- Android Market™ – browse and download thousands of free and paid apps from around the world
- WiFi and GPS capable
- MP3 Player with MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
- Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless technology
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8655
- Dimensions: 4.57 x 2.40 x 0.55 inches; 4.9 ounces
- Display: HVGA 480 x 320 pixels
- RAM/ROM: 512MB/2GB
- 1500 mAh Li-ION inner cell battery with up to 7 hours1 continuous talk time
Pricing and availability weren't immediately announced.
This actually sounds like a pretty sexy phone. If only it had more RAM, and battery. Ill be recommending this phone to my neighbor who isnt so much into the high end tech, but loves simple things.
Eeeew, only 512MB of memory? That is going to be a bit yucky on Android 2.3. I tend to think of 768MB as the minimum. Otherwise, sounds like a nice entry phone.
That 512MB of memory is for the RAM. However, there is 2GB or ROM which is for your apps, musics, etc. which isn't too shabby and I'd say this phone falls in the mid-range section in terms of memory.
That looks like quite a realistic video chat conversation.
Haha, that's priceless. Looks like their screaming at each other.
That looks like one heated screaming match.......LOL
give her some fangs and she looks like a hissing vampire
hmmmmmmmmn. 3G only? no 4G? no Wimax? i wonder if this portends the near future? Galaxy Nexus Prime 3G? with $10/month "Premium Data" fee.
Not even the new Galaxy Nexus has an SD card slot. This isn't a bad little phone.
"I'm at the Beach"! "I'm in a Dorky Library"
Why on earth would they EOL the epic then get this? Makes no sense, keep the epic, its a better phone.
Why keep the epic when it has no further manufacture support? They are focused on the galaxy s 2. The first galaxies aren't getting anything more than they have now. This is a nice entry device with a fairly current android version. Samsung epic gets replaced by the epic touch. The transform gets replaced by the ultra.
The best news about this is that you could actually try the phone in a Sprint store - then buy it on Boost and save a lot of money on the monthly plan. Also - does this thing have a digital compass? I haven't seen anything that says it does which is somewhat surprising for any Android phone these days. If it does, this looks like a clear winner vs some of the Virgin Mobile offerings.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.