Snapdragon 800, 6.44-inch Triluminos display and Android 4.2 make the Z Ultra a beast of a smartphone
Sony's just made official its latest high-end handset, the Xperia Z Ultra, a device which straddles the line between smartphones and tablets with a 6.44-inch screen. The star of the show is Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip, which combines a 2.2GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor with the new Adreno 330 GPU.
On top of that there's a Full HD (1080p) "Triluminos" display, waterproof and dust-resistant credentials, and a chassis measuring in at 6.5mm thick. Also of note is the 8-megapixel rear camera and Android 4.2.2-based software.
We've got the broad strokes of the Xperia Z Ultra spec sheet and a few press shots for you after the break.
- Colors: Black, white, purple
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core CPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Dimensions: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm
- Weight: 212 grams
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Cameras: 8MP rear, 2MP front
- Display: 6.44-inch 1920x1080 TRILUMINOS display for mobile, touch panel cover glass with Super Hard Coat ASF
- Storage: 16 GB (up to 11 GB user-accessible memory), microSD expandability up to 64GB SDXC
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz, 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 1700 (Band IV), GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, 4G LTE
- Battery: 3,000mAh embedded
- Waterproofing and dust resistance: IP55/IP58-rated
OnePlus 8 review: More of the same, for $100 more
Just 6 months removed from the OnePlus 7T, the OnePlus 8 is here as the affordable mainstream option at a new higher price. Here's what it offers for that extra money, and where its value stands.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review: Too big to fail
Samsung's massive, beautiful and imposing Note 20 Ultra is one of the best phones ever made. But it's too damn pricey.
Everything you need to know about the PS5: Release date, price, and more
Sony has officially confirmed that it is working on the PlayStation 5. Here's everything we know about it so far.
Keep your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra shatter-free with these screen protectors
With the Note 20 Ultra, you're getting one of the best displays currently available on a smartphone. Want to make sure it stays that way? Get a screen protector!