NetGear's PTV300 Miracast adapter has been available for some time now, but it just recently received a firmware update that made it compatible with a number of Android devices. Now at v2.2.9, which is the third official firmware update (Android functionality was added in 2.2.7), supported devices now include:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.1 or above)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- LG Optimus G (Android 4.0.4 or above)
- Google Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.1)
- Sony Xperia (various models with Android 4.0.4 or above)
Miracast remains a fairly new standard, so some hiccups may still arise. Lakeeast in our Nexus 4 forums says the recent Android 4.2.2 update might have affected things, but we've yet to confirm this. (Still trying to our PTV3000 updated from a the last firmware update.) If you've got one, give it a shot. And if you're still on the fence, keep an eye out to see what's what.
We've got the full v2.2.9 changelog after the break.
Download: PTV3000 v.2.2.9
NetGear PTV3000 Version 2.2.9 firmware update changelog
- Miracast support for compatible mobile phones and tablets.
- Combined Intel wireless display (Widi) and Miracast a single user interface. There is no need to use the push button on the side of the PTV3000 unit to switch between Widi and Miracast modes. The side push-button is strictly used to go into FW update mode.
- (Miracast) Both PIN and PBC methods for WPS are supported. The device automatically communicates with the source device (mobile phone, tablet or laptop) to determine which WPS method to use.
- (Miracast) The device is already PBC ready waiting for source to initiate connection.
- Fixed HDCP connection error issue with some Sony mobile phones.
- Fixed issue that screen projection does not take place until swiping action takes place on mobile phone.
- Fixed some disconnection with mobile phone.
- Device does not allow second Widi or Miracast souce device to interrupt existing Widi or Miracast session.
- Enable 5Ghz Miracast operation with preferred operating channel as channel 40.
- Reduced image size and faster boot time.
- Fixed system lockup issue after wrong PIN entry.
- Improved connectivity with Intel Widi running under Win8. Repaired issue in win8 that device connection has issue after removal of device under Devices and Printers interface in Win8.
- Fixed issue of connecting screen appearing after a session teardown on Win7 laptop.
- Fixed issue of one Widi session affecting screen projection of subsequent Widi or Miracast session.
- (Widi) Fixed issue of cursor position not updated until "resize TV picture" takes place.
- Fixed kernel panic issue that system goes into a non-responsive state.
- Implement regional domain control allowing shipment to Europe, Australia, and Canada.
- Localization support for international languages.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android