LG Ally joins everyone else, receives maintenance update
There has been a slew of updates for various Android devices recently and the LG Ally (check out our hands-on) didn't want to be left out. The mid-end Verizon device started receiving a maintenance update last Friday, Sept. 17. Users will get the update over the coming weeks as Verizon continues the OTA.
According to a Verizon employee in their forums, the update will bring:
- Enjoy preloaded applications like City ID, Skype,® My Verizon,and Corporate Directory.
- Updated Backup Assistant application.
- Enhanced ability to pair Ally with multiple Bluetooth® devices.
- Improved camera performance.
- Overall enhancement for Microsoft® Exchange email accounts.
- Improved device detection when syncing Ally to a PC via USB cable.
- Operate the Gallery application with improved speed and efficiency.
- Improved Android¿ operating system security.
- Enhanced battery life.
- Improved application responsiveness when opening from home screen.
So if you sport an Ally, be sure to look for the OTA update. For more information and step-by-step instructions, check out: Verizon's Ally page [LG Forum] [Verizon Forum] Thanks Michael!
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.