There has been a slew of updates for various Android devices recently and the LG Ally (check out our hands-on) didn't want to be left out. The mid-end Verizon device started receiving a maintenance update last Friday, Sept. 17. Users will get the update over the coming weeks as Verizon continues the OTA.
According to a Verizon employee in their forums, the update will bring:
- Enjoy preloaded applications like City ID, Skype,® My Verizon,and Corporate Directory.
- Updated Backup Assistant application.
- Enhanced ability to pair Ally with multiple Bluetooth® devices.
- Improved camera performance.
- Overall enhancement for Microsoft® Exchange email accounts.
- Improved device detection when syncing Ally to a PC via USB cable.
- Operate the Gallery application with improved speed and efficiency.
- Improved Android¿ operating system security.
- Enhanced battery life.
- Improved application responsiveness when opening from home screen.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
ASUS and Google are teaming up to pre-load Stadia on the ROG Phone 3
ASUS and Google are teaming up to pre-load the ROG Phone III with Stadia. The next-gen ASUS gaming phone will come with the app preinstalled in all participating territories when it launches later this year.
What MWC 2020's cancellation means for the tech industry — and you
Amid growing concerns about the threat posed by coronavirus, Mobile World Congress 2020, one of the year's biggest tech events, was cancelled last week. Here's what it means for the industry, vendors, and consumers.
Do you pay for a cloud storage service?
From Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more, your options for cloud storage services are virtually endless. Do you pay for one? And if so, why?
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile, but why not try and make those memories a little more permanent?