The OnePlus 8 has reliable battery life, and you'll easily get a day's worth of use from a full charge. However, if you're facing issues with battery life or want to see what's using up your phone's battery, here's how you can monitor the battery usage figures on your OnePlus 8.
How to view battery usage figures on the OnePlus 8
OxygenOS gives you detailed usage figures on battery life, so if you're looking to see how much screen-on-time you're getting or want to take a look at the apps that are consuming the most amount of battery, you can do so easily. Here's how to view battery usage figures on your OnePlus 8:
- Open Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Select Battery.
You'll be able to see your phone's screen-on time from the Screen usage section. Hit View detailed usage to get an overview of the battery consumption figures.
OxygenOS has a nifty battery optimization mode that's enabled out of the box. It does a decent job eking out just that little bit of extra battery life from the 4,300mAh battery. A new addition with the OnePlus 8 is optimized charging. It automatically optimizes the charging pattern based on your usage habits, so if you leave the phone on charge overnight, it won't charge the battery fully.
Instead, it will charge up to 80% and then charge the remaining 20% just before you wake up. This is done to ensure the battery isn't plugged in while fully charged, which should prevent degradation.
Never worry about battery life
The OnePlus 8 has a 90Hz AMOLED panel, and the 4,300mAh battery easily lasts a full day without any issues. The rest of the hardware is similarly great: you get the latest silicon from Qualcomm, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage on the base model, and a gorgeous design with a dual-curved screen.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your OnePlus 8 Pro deserves only the best screen protectors
We love the OnePlus 8 Pro, especially its 120Hz AMOLED display. A screen protector is installed on the phone out of the box, but if you find yourself needing a new one, here's what we recommend buying.
Keep your OnePlus 8 display scratch-free with these screen protectors
Have a OnePlus 8 and want to keep its display safe from any and all potential damage? Here are the best screen protectors you can buy!
Take advantage of OnePlus 8 Pro's wireless charging with these pads
Wireless charging is a wonderful feature that we've wanted on OnePlus phones, and it's finally here on the OnePlus 8 Pro. Finally, we can use wireless chargers with OnePlus, and these are the best ones to start this beautiful relationship with!