Taking a screenshot is a dead-simple function. But when you upgrade to a new phone, you can't take for granted that you'll automatically know how to do it. With new software versions and different button combinations, things can actually change quite a bit. Here's how you can get it done on the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
Products used in this guide
How to take a screenshot
- Open up the content you'd like to capture.
- Press and hold the power button and volume down button for two seconds.
- Alternatively, you can turn on a "three-finger" screenshot — in the Buttons & gestures settings. Once enabled, place three fingers on the screen and swipe up or down.
- If you don't want to immediately edit the screenshot, you're done! You can find the screenshot in the Gallery app later.
- You'll also see the screenshot saved in your notification shade, so you can tap it to view or edit.
- To immediately edit the screenshot after capture, tap the image of the screen in the bottom-right corner.
- You'll have several options to crop, draw, highlight and manipulate the screenshot before saving or sharing.
- To capture an "expanded" or scrolling screenshot, tap the expand screenshot button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- The phone will slowly scroll down the app, as far as it can scroll, and create a continuous tall screenshot — or you can stop the scroll at any point by tapping the screen.
OnePlus makes it really easy to capture a screenshot, and provides great editing tools to make the changes and tweaks you need before saving or sharing it. You aren't likely to feel the need to use any extra image editing app for your screenshots on a OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro.
The OnePlus 8 is a 7T with a few new specs, 5G and a larger battery for a $100 price bump. Even at the higher price, it still represents incredible value thanks to all of the core tenets of OnePlus phones: good hardware, great software, excellent specs and strong battery life.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Keep the big, beautiful OnePlus 8 Pro big and beautiful with a case
The OnePlus 8 Pro is a big, glass-backed phone, and big glass-backed phones get cases. These are the best options for protecting your new flagship in style.
Your OnePlus 8 Pro deserves only the best screen protectors
We love the OnePlus 8 Pro, especially its 120Hz AMOLED display. A screen protector is installed on the phone out of the box, but if you find yourself needing a new one, here's what we recommend buying.
Snag one of these and rest easy with the best LG Stylo 6 cases you can find
The LG Stylo 6 is an all-around solid device from LG, without trying to do too much. There's an almost bezel-less display to go along with three rear cameras found above the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Once you have a Stylo 6 in your hands, it's time to grab a case to protect your investment.