The Samsung has finally flipped the switch to take an ECG on the Galaxy Watch Active 2 with a new software update. This has been one of our favorite Android smartwatches since it was released, and today, if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone and the Galaxy Watch Active 2, you can start monitoring your heart with ECG, electrocardiogram, readings from your wrist.
How to take an ECG reading on your Samsung Galaxy Active 2
- Download and install the Samsung Health Monitoring app from the Galaxy Store onto your Galaxy phone.
- With the watch on your wrist, open the Samsung Health Monitoring app on the watch.
- Following the directions on your watch, rest your forearm on a table or chair.
- Hold your index finger in the top button of the watch, careful not to press it.
- The watch will detect your finger and begin the reading.
- Hold still with your finger on the button for 30 seconds.
- When the reading is complete, you'll receive a notification on your phone to review the results.
Within the app, there are four categories that readings from your watch will fall into sinus rhythm, AFib, inconclusive, and poor reading. The app will give you definitions of each section with some disclaimers as well.
While the FDA has approved this feature, it isn't the end all be all for detecting heart conditions. You can export your reports from the app so that you can share it with a medical professional.
Our top equipment picks
With Samsung's best cameras to date, a gorgeous display, and of course, the S Pen, the Note 20 Ultra does it all. Updated with the best hardware available, you can accomplish all of your tasks and still have time to have some fun on the phone with its power and long battery life.
Ready to read
To help you be the best you
The modern look of the Galaxy Active 2 is complemented by the seemingly futuristic health sensors packed into this smartwatch. From sleep tracking to swimming and steps to the new ECG readings, you'll be able to keep tabs on nearly all facets of your health.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.