If you are debating which mesh Wi-Fi system to get for your home, I highly recommend the Eero lineup. Not only does Eero have quality routers and an easy-to-use app, but it also has some additional services that you may find extremely valuable, such as the Eero Secure and Secure+ subscriptions. One of the most useful features here is the ability to limit the content and exposure to devices and individuals on your network, including delivering a measure of control over web browsing. I'll show you how to set this up in the steps below.
Products used in this guide
- Mesh internet: Eero Mesh WiFi System ($199 at Amazon)
- Extra control: Eero Secure (From $3/month at eero)
How to safeguard your browsing with Eero Secure
- Open the Eero app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner (the 3 lines).
Tap on Eero Secure.
- Scroll down and toggle the Network Security switch to on.
- This will restrict access to sites that are known for malicious content, viruses, bots, etc.
- Toggle the Ad Blocking switch to on.
- This enables Eero to stop many ads from ever being served to your computer or mobile device while you're connected to your home Wi-Fi. It won't stop everything.
- Scroll further and tap on Safe Filters.
- This is where you can limit what content people on your network can see through the Family Profiles feature.
Here you can tap to toggle on/off SafeSearch, Adult, Illegal/Criminal, and/or Violent content per Family Profile.
Remember that Eero Secure is a premium subscription service that helps you manage content and access on your network above and beyond the access and speeds the Eero mesh devices provide you. There is even an additional tier above Eero Secure called Eero Secure+ that includes subscriptions to other popular security services such as 1Password, encrypt.me, and Malwarebytes. This premium goes for $10/month, and you can upgrade your Eero Secure account at any time.
Our top equipment picks
If you are interested in getting set up with an Eero mesh system and Eero Secure controls, here's where I suggest you begin.
Spread the speed
Cover your whole house
The Eero mesh system can get rid of dead spots and cover your entire home. The small routers are easy to conceal in any room of the house.
Protect this house
Safeguard your internet browsing
Protect those on your network from bots, viruses, annoying ads, and malicious sites. Protections can be customized per device and user.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Looking for alternatives to Nest Wifi? Here are the best options.
Google's Nest Wifi might be some of the best-known mesh networking hardware on the market, but it's far from the only option available to you. If you're looking for alternatives, there are plenty - and many of them blow Google out of the water.
Make it easier to use your Echo Spot with one of these helpful stands
We've done the research and gathered together the best stands you can get for your Echo Spot. See which one fits you best
Add some flair to your Echo Dot with these cases and skins
If you're bored with the way your Echo Dot looks, there are plenty of options to dress it up. From cases, to covers, to skins, here are some of our favorite ways to add some flair to each version of Amazon's popular Echo Dot.