So you couldn't resist that great price point and you bought yourself an Oculus Go. You've spent a little time with it. You've played with a few apps and gotten ensconced in a few games. However, you're now ready to watch some movies on this modern wonder.
Whether you are working with a Windows system or MacOS, it's a breeze to do. Here's how!
- Connect your Oculus Go to your PC with a micro USB cable.
- In your headset, you will have to give your PC permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
- Once you are connected to your PC, the Autoplay feature should open. If it does, select Open Device to View Files.
If Autoplay does not start, you can manually browse to Oculus Go Storage through File Explorer. It will be named VR-Headset.
- Once you have your VR-Headset open, select Internal Shared Storage.
Open the folder named Movies.
- You can now drag and drop videos into the storage of your Oculus Go.
- Download the File Transfer Tool from Android and install it on your Mac.
- Connect your Oculus Go to your Mac with a micro USB cable.
- Open the File Transfer Tool you just installed.
- In your headset, you will have to give your computer permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
A folder named VR-Headset should automatically open
Now open the folder called Movies.
- You can now drag and drop videos directly into your Oculus Go
Whether you're watching some home movies or Avengers: Infinity War, you can now kick up your virtual feet and enjoy watching whatever you choose. The virtual world is now your oyster.
Use SKYBOX VR
If you want to save space on your Oculus Go, or if you just prefer streaming media content to your headset, you can use SKYBOX VR Video Player. It's a free app that works with DLNA streaming.
You can use your own DLNA server or use a device like the RAVPower Filehub Plus which is a travel router that works with SD cards and USB storage devices.
SKYBOX VR Video Player also works with locally stored files so you can use it as your primary media consumption app.
If you need a step-by-step guide on how to expand your storage on the Oculus Go, including using devices like the RAVPower Filehub Plus, you can check out our full guide.
Updated October 2018: This article was updated with the most recent information.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
Tactical shooter Onward is now available on the Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest allows you to play VR games without requiring a PC, phone, or external sensors. Here's every game you can buy or download for free!su