Google's long-awaited Pixel 4a is here, and it brings a lot to the table for just $350. The phone has subtle design changes from the Pixel 3a series, and there's a single model this year with a 5.8-inch AMOLED screen.
The Pixel 4a is available in a single variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage, and there is a single 12.2MP camera with OIS at the back. That camera is on par with the full-fledged Pixel 4, making the Pixel 4a the best budget phone if you're interested in taking photos. Google is launching the Pixel 4a in 13 markets around the world, and here's what you need to know about availability.
Pixel 4a is now on sale in most global markets
The Pixel 4a is heading to 13 countries in total, and the phone is now up for sale in 12 of those markets, including Canada, Australia, the UK, and other global regions. The device went up for pre-order in most countries outside the U.S., with sales kicking off from September 10. Google isn't launching the Pixel 4a in India until October, but in all other launch markets, the device is now up for sale.
Here's how much the Pixel 4a costs around the world
Here's the list of all countries where the Pixel 4a is currently available, and how much it costs in each market:
- United States: $349 at Google Store
- United Kingdom: £349 at Google Store
- Canada: $479 (CAD) at Google Store
- Australia: $599 (AUD) at Google Store
- Singapore: $499 (SGD) at Google Store
- Taiwan: $11,990 (TWD) at Google Store
- Japan: ¥42,900 at Google Store
- Ireland: €383 at Google Store
- France: €349 at Google Store
- Germany: €340 at Google Store
- Italy: €389 at Google Store
- Spain: €389 at Google Store
These are all the carrier and retail partners for the Pixel 4a
You can pick up the Pixel 4a from the Google Store in all countries, but it will also be up for sale from carriers and retailers around the globe. Here's the full list:
- United States: Google Store, Verizon, Google Fi, U.S. Cellular, C Spire, Spectrum Mobile, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart
- Canada: Google Store, Bell, Virgin, The Source, Rogers, Fido, Telus, Koodo, Glentel, Videotron, Freedom, Best Buy
- Australia: Google Store, Vodafone Australia, JB Hifi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman
- Singapore: Google Store, Challenger, Courts
- Taiwan: Google Store, Taiwan Mobile
- Japan: Google Store, Softbank
- United Kingdom: Carphone Warehouse, Google Store, EE, Vodafone UK, O2, Three, Amazon, John Lewis, Argos
- Ireland: Google Store, Vodafone Ireland
- France: Google Store, Fnac, Bouygues Telecom, Orange, SFR, Boulanger
- Germany: Google Store, Vodafone Germany, MSD, O2, DT, MD, EinsAmobile
- Italy: Google Store
- Spain: Google Store
- India: Google Store, Flipkart
Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 are launching later this year
Alongside the Pixel 4a, Google confirmed the Pixel 4a 5G and the Pixel 5. The Pixel 4a 5G will start off at $499 and will likely be powered by a Snapdragon 765G chipset. The Pixel 5 has leaked extensively in recent weeks, with the phone set to feature a 90Hz OLED panel, Snapdragon 765G chipset, ultra-wide camera at the back, 8GB of RAM, and a 4000mAh battery.
Pixel 4a isn't coming to India until October
There isn't a lot of information regarding the Pixel 4a's availability in India, and that is because the phone isn't launching in the country until October. Google also confirmed that it is not bringing the Pixel 4a 5G or the Pixel 5 to the country, with the Pixel 4a the only phone launching in India this year.
Shiny new Pixel
Google Pixel 4a
Pixel 4's camera in an affordable package
The Pixel 4a continues the legacy of its predecessor by offering a flagship-tier camera for just $350. The single 12.2MP camera is near-identical to that of the Pixel 4, putting the Pixel 4a in a league of its own in the mid-range category. You also get 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, reliable performance, stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm jack. In short, this is the ideal mid-range phone.
Have you listened to this week's Android Central Podcast?
Every week, the Android Central Podcast brings you the latest tech news, analysis and hot takes, with familiar co-hosts and special guests.
Wow, delayed for months and now it still isn't shipping for 3 weeks... Such a cluster...
More than 5 weeks here...
It looks like it's the first pixel that's really worth buying. But the pre-ordered and wait lists really add to the who gives a shirt feeling. Adding pricing to this would be a nice touch.
I'm sorry this is utterly pathetic! pre order waiting list! give it up Google!
No love for New Zealand as usual from Google.
Damn no TMobile/sprint? That sucks.
The thing is you can get an unlocked pixel 4a directly from Google that's compatible with Sprint and T-Mobile. I mean Google Fi runs on both Sprint and T-Mobile Networks, so the 4a has to work on them even if the phone isn't sold there.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.