Genshin Impact continues to expand, with new characters, quests, locations and more added on a fairly regular basis. While it's not the biggest update yet, Genshin Impact Update 2.1 is on the way, providing one of the most unique character additions yet in the form of a crossover event. For a while, players on PS4 and PS5 will be able to acquire Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn.
If you're worried you might miss out on nabbing Aloy in one of the best PS5 games available, don't fret, as we've got you covered. Here's how to unlock Aloy as a playable character.
Genshin Impact How to unlock Aloy as a playable character
Unlocking Aloy is a very simple process. To start, she's only available right now for players on PlayStation consoles, though she's coming to mobile devices at a later date. Players will need to already be or achieve Adventure Rank 20 during Update 2.1 and the upcoming Update 2.2. When that rank is achieved, you'll receive Aloy via Genshin Impact's in-game mail system. It's that easy! With the addition of Aloy, the list of characters in Genshin Impact reaches 41 unique playable characters.
Genshin Impact Aloy's skills, talents and abilities
Aloy is a five-star character deemed the "Savior From Another World." She wields her Predator Bow with Cryo abilities that reflect her archery skills from her own games.
- Prophecies of Dawn: Aloy's Elemental Burst. She throws a Cryo Power Cell and hits it with an arrow, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Frozen Wilds: Aloy's Elemental Skill. Buffs Aloy and allies, debuffs enemies and deals Cryo damage by scattering into Chillwater Bomblets. If a Freeze Bomb or Chillwater Bomblet hits an enemy, they are debuffed and Aloy gains a Coil Stack, increasing her damage.
- Combat Override: Aloy Talent. Allows the whole party to benefit from increased damage via Coil Stacks.
- Rushing Ice: An effect Aloy gains upon getting four Coil Stacks. Converts Normal Attack damage into Cryo damage
- Strong Strike: Aloy Passive Talent. Constantly increases her Cryo damage bonus.
Aloy's attack is also increased by 66 when using her Predator Bow. This bow also grants Aloy increased Normal and Charged attack damage by 10% for 6 seconds whenever she inflicts Cryo damage. For a look at some of these abilities in action, you can check out the character demo for Aloy below:
Outside of Genshin Impact and the world of Teyvat, Aloy's next mainline adventure is coming in the form of Horizon Forbidden West. While it was originally scheduled to launch at some point in the Holiday 2021 range, it's been slightly delated due to needing further polish during the ongoing pandemic. It's currently slated for a Feb. 18, 2022 release date on PS4 and PS5.