Verizon's updated its Motorola Droid X2 support page with new update info. Here's what's coming down the pike in buile 1.3.380.MB870, which should be that Android 2.3.4 update that's been floating around:
- Keyboard remains visible during text input.
- Input characters are properly displayed during text entry.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard.
- Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger.
- Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle.
- Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device.
- Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback.
- Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters.
- Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups.
- The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly.
- Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
- When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip.
- Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing.
- Desktop cradle application starts correctly.
- No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
Sing out when you see the update, will ya?
Source: Verizon (pdf); via Droid X2 forums
Really? It really has bugs like the device locking up when using the keyboard, or displaying the charging icon when not on a charger?
Do they test these phones at all anymore?
How in the world does a Droid branded phone ship with issues like these??
You have no clue the myriad of problems with this phone. It overheats, locks and freezes up a lot of the time and is generally a pain. It's definitely my least satisfying Android purchase and for a while I was tempted to go back to my Original Droid. At least that had custom ROMs galore.
This list reads like the change log on my Eris Gingerbread ROMS. They iterate so quickly I don't worry about it. Motorola/Verizon though... I WAS thinking about a Bionic....I was....
I had to laugh at the bullet about the ability to make hotspot password that can exceed 63 characters. I'm all for making obscure passwords, but 63+ characters? :-D
Of all these issues that are "fixed", I have only had problems w the music skipping. I would be willing to give up root and eclipse rom to stop this and this alone!!!!
Motorola isn't what it use to be
No, but its a changing beast. Especially if the deal with Google goes through. Hopefully updates will be much faster (and better testing).
I hope this will give us the UI that the droid 3 and bionic has...not that it matters, im geting a Prime anyways
It doesn't... which I personally am fine with, sideways scrolling app drawers is blasphemy against android! lol but if you go to the forums there is a total review of how this bad boy works cause the .sbf was leaked lol made this phone totally different in a good way
I've only really had issues with the device skipping, so I will be happy to see how this works now. Otherwise I'm very happy with the phone.
It's too bad they can't send a better screen in an OTA.
ANT+ chip still not being activated?
I'm sure those updates are somewhat nice...but ANT+ would be nice to have instead.
The DX2 is the buggiest phone I have ever had - and that includes the original BB Storm. The X2 reboots twice a day on me, requires routine battery pulls because it frequently goes to sleep and does not wake up. Moto has done a poor job of GB on their DX and DX2. They are both very very buggy (I've had 2 DX's and a DX2). You would think that the long delays for getting GB updates thru VZW would be a sign of quality. Nope. Moto phones are pure garbage. Never again. I may even switch to an iPhone, I hate the DX2 so much. jk - I'll get an HTC or Sammy.
I keep seeing posts like this, and I honestly can't see the problem. I have had no reboots on my X2, no freezes, no lockups, and I'm rooted. I have a lot of the bloatware frozen with Titanium Backup, but I don't know if that is the solution or not. I also get about 24 hours battery life on a charge. I'm reading now how to root the X2 with the 2.3.4 update.
When I saw this earlier today I was excited, because of all the restarts and lockups and such. So I decided to go and check for updates from the phone... it told me everything was up to date. Upon checking the system version, I realize that I've already GOT this update! (must have come from Verizon that way since I've only had it about 1.5 months). After realize that, I have this to say...
* Device STILL locks up or resets when using the keyboard.
* Charging indicator periodically stays lit after removing the charger from the device (have to turn the device off and back on to get it to go off).
* Device STILL randomly restarts and locks up and apps randomly don't work anymore out of the blue. (Have to uninstall and re-install).
* Magic Smoke wallpaper STILL does not work (not that I cared about that anyway, but it very obviously doesn't work... did they even test???) I hadn't realized that so many other people were having the same problems, I thought it was my phone and was going to be calling Verizon about it, just hadn't gotten to it yet. This is all rather disappointing.
My phone appears the same but if you go to verizonwireless.com/droidx2support it says "coming soon."
Froyo was heaven on my DX1 - but gingerbread totally screwed it. Huge amounts of lag, every launcher I tried force closed after I exited an app, and since the last update, my phone reboots EVERY SINGLE DAY. I just factory reset it - things seem to be much better now. Hopefully it stays this way....
Fix one problem and get 3 others .....
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.