We just got word that an update is on the way for the HTC Droid Incredible on Verizon -- and we can expect it to start pushing out on our about Nov. 8. (And remember, kids, that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will get it that day. But once we have the manual update location, it's all good.) Here's what's coming in Software version 3.26.605.1:
- Updated Flash Player with security enhancements
- Visual Voice Mail Wifi improvements and removal of incorrect service messages and post-call notifications
- Better support for Yahoo IMAP e-mail
- Update to Slacker Radio app
- You can attach files larger than 5MB
- Updated Cox POP3 e-mail settings
- Updated Comcast POP3 e-mail settings
- Play YouTube videos in the YouTube app (that's new?)
- Seamlessly switch between portrait/landscape in Google Maps
- Search key and other buttons displayed in the correct order (what's the wrong order?)
- VCAST app lets you bill apps to your Verizon account
That's no small list, but nothing earth-shattering either. Regardless, any update is good to see. Thanks, Mystery Man!
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
The Xperia 1 is still our favorite phone for shooting video
If video recording is your thing, then look no further than the Sony Xperia 1 — it offers a large screen, three great cameras, and extremely robust manual video controls.