Mondays are always heavy news days, and you'd have to be crazy to somehow keep track of everything throughout the day. It's for this reason that we do daily news roundups so you can catch up on all that happened. Take a look through all of the stories, you'll likely find something you missed that's a worth-while read.
Hardware news to revisit:
- Sony Xperia 'Yuga' prototype revealed in leaked images
- Nexus 4 once again sold out in UK, Germany
- Expansys UK removes HTC Butterfly from listings, won't be flying into Europe after all
- Samsung audio dock images leak out, could be seen at CES
- Amazon Wireless offering great deals for new Sprint customers
- HTC M7 purportedly heading to Mobile World Congress, 4.7 inch 1080p screen in tow
Apps and software:
- Applorer adds friends and groups to game discovery app
- Samsung 'conducting an internal review' on Exynos kernel vulnerability
- First Xperia Jelly Bean updates due Feb/Mar 2013, but some 2012 phones will be left behind
- U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update set to arrive Dec. 21
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 getting multi-window support starting Dec. 19
- Dead Trigger 'Merry Christmas' update brings North Pole arena, new boss
- UberConference app now available on Android
- CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies go live for limited devices
- TeliportMe panorama app completely overhauled in latest update
- Tumblr for Android updated with tablet support
- Sprint to buy 100 percent of Clearwire for $2.2 billion in spectrum play
- Google Play's 'surprise calendar countdown' starts today
- Amazon once again rumored to be building their own smartphone
- Verizon flipping on 4G LTE in more cities on December 20th, including many in the southwest
- Apple's request for permanent injunction denied, as is Samsung's juror misconduct claim
From Android Central and the editors:
- Start your week with the Greatest Android Podcast in the World!
- Monday Brief: A high res look at the BB10 L-Series, Google Maps hits the App Store, and more!
- Android Central 2012 Gift Guide: Alex's holiday wish-list
- Enter the Nexus 7-a-day giveaway for a chance at a Nexus 7 and a $25 Google Play card
- Reminder: Get Your Video Submissions in for The Mobile Nations 2013 CES Experience!
- This week's sidebar poll: Are you traveling with your Android device this holiday season?
See everyone back here on Tuesday!
Luna is both a safe bet and Amazon's best idea in years
Is "rolling your own" Netflix-style game library what we really want? Amazon thinks so.
Google's parent company settles shareholder lawsuit over sexual misconduct
Following sexual misconduct reports from 2018, Google has settled a shareholder lawsuit and announced major changes to how the company operates in these regards — including no severance packages for employees fired over sexual misconduct.
Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G won’t launch until weeks after September 30 event
Google’s announcing its new Pixel phones, the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, on September 30. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a while longer before they actually launch.
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile. While digital is great, why not try and make those memories a little more permanent with a tangible photo?