Action Launcher has been a fan favorite launcher for years now, partly due to developer Chris Lacy consistently adding new features. Action Launcher 27 is out now, and here are some highlights of the new features:
- The App Shortcuts and Notification Dots can now be colored to match either the wallpaper or the icon itself.
- Action Launcher's custom search bar widget can now be placed anywhere on the home screen, not just at the very top.
- Users can now adjust the transparency of folders and the All Apps drawer via Action Launcher's Quicktheme settings.
- A new weather widget for Android 6.0 and later.
The full changelog is:
- NEW: Weather widget (Alpha). Requires Android 6.0 or later.
- NEW: Adjust the color of the App Shortcuts panels via Quicktheme.
- NEW: App Shortcuts, Shutters and Covers can be tinted with the highlight color of the controlling icon via Quicktheme. Allows for Twitter's App Shortcuts panel to by light blue, WhatsApp's to be green, etc.
- NEW: Ability to adjust the transparency of the All Apps page, search box, folders, Shutters and more via Quicktheme.
- NEW: Quickbar (aka the custom Google Search bar) can be placed as a standalone widget anywhere on your layout.
- NEW: Revamped Quickbar icon picker, and the number of icons available for Quickbar customization has increased from ~200 to ~950.
- NEW: Option to disable widget padding (Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced -> Widget padding).
Are you looking forward to these changes to Action Launcher? Let us know down below!
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
Grab a case that comes from the same place as your Note 20
Now that the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra have arrived, the first thing you'll want to do is pick up a proper case. But instead of waiting around for third-party retailers to make their cases available, why not grab one from Samsung alongside your Note 20, giving you the whole package right at your doorstep?