Action Launcher has been a fan favorite launcher for years now, partly due to developer Chris Lacy consistently adding new features. Action Launcher 27 is out now, and here are some highlights of the new features:
- The App Shortcuts and Notification Dots can now be colored to match either the wallpaper or the icon itself.
- Action Launcher's custom search bar widget can now be placed anywhere on the home screen, not just at the very top.
- Users can now adjust the transparency of folders and the All Apps drawer via Action Launcher's Quicktheme settings.
- A new weather widget for Android 6.0 and later.
The full changelog is:
- NEW: Weather widget (Alpha). Requires Android 6.0 or later.
- NEW: Adjust the color of the App Shortcuts panels via Quicktheme.
- NEW: App Shortcuts, Shutters and Covers can be tinted with the highlight color of the controlling icon via Quicktheme. Allows for Twitter's App Shortcuts panel to by light blue, WhatsApp's to be green, etc.
- NEW: Ability to adjust the transparency of the All Apps page, search box, folders, Shutters and more via Quicktheme.
- NEW: Quickbar (aka the custom Google Search bar) can be placed as a standalone widget anywhere on your layout.
- NEW: Revamped Quickbar icon picker, and the number of icons available for Quickbar customization has increased from ~200 to ~950.
- NEW: Option to disable widget padding (Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced -> Widget padding).
Are you looking forward to these changes to Action Launcher? Let us know down below!
Are you impressed with the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom?
There's a lot of talk about the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom, but have you really been impressed with its results? Here's what some of our AC forum members think.
Google Nest finally fixes 12 hour camera outage
Google has restored service to Nest camera users after a lengthy period of downtime overnight.
Everything you need to know about the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
Huawei is getting ready to enter 2020 with a splash thanks to its upcoming P40 and P40 Pro smartphones. Here's everything we know about the phones' specs, design, release, and more.
The Galaxy S20 is available in five great colors — here's the best one
The Galaxy S20 is one of the most well-rounded phones of the year, and it also happens to come in a bunch of different colors. Here's how to pick the best one.