Verizon has updated their VZ Navigator application, and along with the new name of Verizon Navigator VX, comes a free 30 day trial for new users, and some cool new features, the highlights of which we've outlined below:
- Smart Routes with Real-Time Traffic – Updated every 60 seconds, telling you when traffic is ahead and mapping out detours to get you around it
- Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions – Even with other apps open, you will continue hearing where to turn to keep you on track
- “Real” signs and road views – Accurate highway signs guide you into the correct lanes and prevent last minute lane changes
- Location Sharing – Use Place Messaging or Facebook to share your real-time location or the place of an upcoming meeting
- Virtual city driving with 3D buildings and graphics
- Satellite view that moves with your location
- Local search with Bing
- Real-time weather, gas prices, movie times and other local information
- Ability to add addresses to "favorites" for easy bookmarks of the places you frequent
The 30 day free trial is open for new VZ navigator subscribers only, and available on the HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Droid Incredible 2, and the HTC Thunderbolt. To give it a try, fire up your phone and head over to http://nav.vzw.com/vznav to download the app. Choose the 30 day trial option, and you're set.
Some of these new features look really nice. I'm especially loving the overhead freeway signs, which could save many a headache while tooling around an unfamiliar city. To see a short video overview, be sure to visit the source link.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: