Many of you have asked -- or flat-out begged, according to Cerulean Studios, the developers of the popular all-in-one messenger application Trillian to come to Android. This application is very popular on a variety of platforms ranging from Macs to Windows and iPhones to BlackBerrys, and it seemed the only missing platform was Android (OK, and Palm), and luckily the cries have been heard. Here's the feature list.
- Connect to Facebook Chat, Windows Live, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP and MySpaceIM
- Synchronize your contacts, avatars, status, accounts and more with your Trillian-enabled desktop or mobile apps
- Get notified easily with Android notification system integration
- Contact list sorting, grouping, metacontacts support, privacy settings and various ways to organize
- Set status, avatar and display name quickly in one simple screen
- Tabbed chat windows with bubble view, photo transfer, buzz and emoticon support
- Support for Android phones as far back as version 1.6 – works with your good old T-Mobile G1 or the newest HTC Evo 4G or Motorola Droid!
- We took special care and respect to design and build the user interface to smoothly integrate with Android – this is not just a clone from the iPhone!
The application is said to be hitting a beta stage within the next few weeks, so keep your eyes on the lookout, and be sure to keep up to date with their blog. Couple more screen shots after the break. [via Cerulean Studios Blog]
- Filed under: