So here we are, in the final hours of 2011. (And to those of you who have crossed the threshold already, happy new year!) It was certainly the busiest 365 days of Android we've seen yet -- and we're willing to bet 2012 gets even crazier.
Here's a look at the top 10 news stories (as in not device reviews) on Android Central for 2011, as ranked by pageviews. Of course, that means older stories have a leg up -- and, interestingly enough, the most-read story of the year was actually from 2010. (And one other from December 2010 snuck in, too.) And the winner was a post by Jared DiPane explaining the best way to move from BlackBerry to Android. We thought about tossing it from the list. But it also makes sense. When you're activating nearly three-quarters of a million Android devices daily, another platform will suffer. And that it's BlackBerry is no real surprise.
We can't thank you all enough for your support in 2011, and we can't wait to get 2012 started with you. From all of us here, thanks, and have a safe one. And now, the top Android news stories of 2011, as ranked by pageviews.
- Jumping from BlackBerry to Android? Here's what you need to know!
- A slew of popular apps are now 10 cents in the Android Market
- Verizon changing its upgrade policy; you'll have 20 months before you can get a new phone
- Flashable Honeycomb ZIP for the Nook Color now available
- Will my Phone get Ice Cream Sandwich? Our predictions
- Verizon's new data plans broken down in complete detail
- Will my phone get Gingerbread? Our predictions
- First Nexus Prime photo leak shows buttonless device with 720p display
- RAM: What it is, how it's used -- and why you shouldn't care
- How to manually update your T-Mobile Nexus S to Ice Cream Sandwich