215MB update brings more Gargantuars, new maps and more
PopCap and Electronic Arts have updated the popular Plants vs. Zombies 2 Android game this evening, and it looks like quite a big set of changes. The sequel has proven as popular as the original, and chances are you've spent a bit of time clearing the gardens of space and time of some undead yourself on your phone or tablet.
The basic premise hasn't changed, you still use powerful plants and boosts to kill the zombies before the reach your door. Tonight's changes include:
- There's loads of cool stuff in our latest update! We have a new map, fun new features and we introduce a new foe!
- We've upgraded the map to make game progression quicker and easier.
- It's simpler to know how much you've done, where you're going, and what loot you'll get along the way.
- You can invite your friends and send ‘em gifts.
- Use the Turbo button to speed up your planting – and speed up the zombies.
- Be warned: when we were upgrading the map, somebody let in the Gargantuars.
New maps and levels, friend invites and Turbo speed sounds like a winner to us. You can grab the update or try it for the first time using the Google Play link above for the North America version, or search "Plants vs. Zombies 2" in Google Play for international versions.