New app is still a bit rough around the edges but includes the all-important Pebble appstore
Pebble today has finally updated its Android application to version 2.0.
Most important, perhaps, is that the updated app and firmware — which is v2.0.1., actually — means apps built with the Pebble SDK 2.0 will now work on your watch. And just slightly behind that is the Pebble appstore, which brings things under one roof — apps and watchfaces are all in one place now.
Here's the full, official changelog:
- Browse, find, and install watchapps and watchfaces for Pebble.
- Discover new and most popular watchapps by category: notifications, fitness, daily use, tools & utilities, remotes, and games.
- Watchapp locker: conveniently store your favorite Pebble watchapps when not in use.
- Receive notifications when software updates for Pebble are ready to install.
- Troubleshoot issues and make suggestions right from the app.
In addition, Pebble today announced three new partner apps — eBay, Evernote and Time Warner Cable
More: Pebble blog; Thanks, Harrison!
See also: Wrist First — This is Pebble