New applications to bring information to your eyeballs
For those who don't keep up on things Glass, MyGlass Glassware is the official place to get tried and tested applications for Glass. Of course side loading is easy to do, and popular — it is Android after all — but like anything else, there may be bugs along that route. Sticking to MyGlass is the safe way to play.
Anyhoo, the new apps:
- Wall Street Journal — Breaking news, politics, business and everything else you love about the WSJ can now come to you in real-time via Glass
- Weather Alert — stay informed about severe weather of over 120 types, customizable of course.
- Winkfeed — RSS and news feeds right in front of your eyes. Choose your feeds, and Glass delivers. Saving to Pocket is a touch of genius.
- Upload to YouTube — covered in yesterdays XE12 announcement. you can now upload private and public videos recorded through Glass straight to YouTube.
- Hangouts — also covered in the announcement yesterday, Hangouts lets you send and receive messages and pictures with anyone on your Hangouts list. Making video calls and group messaging is also supported.
Source: +Google Glass