The popular IM+ messaging app for Android by Shape has recently been updated to version 6.4 with a handful of solid new features, including fresh emoticons and a bunch of new notification options.
- Support for Rage Faces emoticons
- New IM services: MeinVZ and Gadu-Gadu
- Improved interface: feels like Ice Cream Sandwich
- Bulk chat history export to SD card
- Auto OTR: option to automatically start Off-the-Record messaging session with selected contact
- Sleep mode: you may set specific time when IM+ won't bother you with notifications
- Option to customize "Contact goes online" notification
- Customizable "Go to Push in background" timeout
Rage face emoticons are a pretty sweet addition, and one I could see myself using pretty regularly. As is, IM+ ranks very highly in Google Play, and offers access to a whole bunch of networks, including the big ones like Gtalk, AIM, Skype, and Windows Live Messenger, to smaller regional services. You can get the full tour of the paid version in our review, but there's a free version available too.
Which instant messaging services do you use most? Are your friends scattered across many of them? Do you need an all-in-one app like this, or is it just as good to have a bunch of separate native apps installed?
- Filed under: