If you're using HTC Sense 6 on the the new HTC One M8, there are lots of ways for you to interact with your Lock screen. Not sure what all the unlock options are? Want to add widgets to your Lock screen or change the wallpaper to one of your own photos? Follow along and we'll show you how to do all of it!
How to change the Lock screen wallpaper
While changing the theme in Sense 6 takes the Lock screen wallpaper with it by default, you can also change the Lock screen wallpaper to something different than your Home screen.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Personalize
- Now choose Lock screen wallpaper.
- Choose Use custom wallpaper.
- Choose your wallpaper and position it as you'd like. Tap Done.
How to launch Google Now, BlinkFeed, your Home screen, and more from the Sense 6 Lock screen
HTC Sense 6 gives you a few ways to unlock your device. Depending on what gesture you use, your Android device can take you to different things.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch Google Now
- Hold down on the lock button and swipe left to go to your main Home screen
- Hold down on the lock button and swipe right to go directly to BlinkFeed
- Hold down on the lock button and swipe up to unlock your device to the last item you were interacting with
How to add widgets to the Lock screen
Just swipe left on the Lock screen and tap the plus sign in order to add a widget to your Lock screen. Choose the widget you want and you're done. If you ever want to remove it, just hold down on it with your finger and drag it to the trash can.
How to disable the Lock screen
If you don't want a Lock screen in Sense 6 at all, you can easily disable it through the settings panel.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Security.
- Now choose Screen Lock and then tap on No lock screen.
That's it. The Lock screen should now be disabled.
How do you have your Lock screen set up in Sense 6? Do you use widgets or gestures or are you captain default and leave things exactly as they came? Let me know in the comments!
- Related devices: