First you'll be updated to XE 12.1, which gets things prepared for the real update, which comes right after. It's a big download and a long install, but things do change noticeably afterward.
We're having a look at what's new and how well it works — here are a few initial things we notice:
- The update process requires you to be plugged in and takes a good 20 minutes total.
- New fancy boot animation that starts with the "A" while GL_SS fades in around it.
- Like previous updates, there were quite a few app crashes and some sluggishness after the update.
- Multiple pictures are grouped nicely into a collage layout in a single card that make them easier to browse through without clogging up your main timeline.
- Voice commands are now re-sorted in order of how often you use them — "Google" isn't even the first option.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE is now supported, but we'll have to see how that helps battery life over time.
- Video Calls are indeed gone from the command list.
- Volume was set to 100% after the update.
More: +Jenny Murphy