A couple days ago we told you about the soak test starting up for the Motorola Droid Pro, and it seems to have passed and version 4.7.3.XT610 has been made official. Verizon has posted the change log and update instructions on their support site, with some critical bugs being addressed. The full list:
- Improved security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset after an Over the Air update.
- Device will no longer automatically power on after it has been powered off.
- Pressing the spacebar key will no longer cause the device to lockup.
- Improvements to keyboard backlighting.
- Smart Forwarding will no longer cause forwarded messages to remain in the Outbox
- V CAST Apps is now updated to version 2.00.54.
- VZ Navigator is now updated to version 184.108.40.2061
Users affected by the weird lockup and phantom reboot bugs should be especially happy, and security fixes are always welcome on a device designed for business use. For those who aren't using the Droid Pro for business and have been using other methods to keep it current, don't accept this one until a developer says you can.
There's no timeline when you should expect the update, but as soon as we hear that it's begun rolling out we'll let you know. It's not ICS, but at least Motorola and Verizon didn't forget about the Droid Pro.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: