p style="text-align: center;">
So though Android has proven to be a snappy and solid smartphone OS, some users have mentioned the lack of bells and whistles attached to it as a cause for concern. Luckily, the folks at XDA Developers have added a bit of fairy dust and given us some almost-cool transitional effects. In the video, you'll see some slide in and slide out that seems to work fairly well.
Click the jump to see how to enable these transitional effects!
What you need:
- T-Mobile G1
- APKInstaller (download it from the AndroidMarket), Development.APK (Download link), and a MicroSD card.
How to do it:
- Make sure you have APKInstaller from the Android Market, and Development.APK from here (If you want, you can point your browser directly to that link from your phone and bypass all the following steps. Thanks to Mark Murphy for the tip!).
- Put the Development.APK in the root directory of the MicroSD card. In other words, put it at the very first section of the card - don’t go making a folder named “root”.
- Launch the APKInstaller, navigate to the file you just placed on the MicroSD card, and install it. This will install an application called “Dev Tools”
- Open Dev Tools, then select Development Settings. Scroll down to the bottom, and change Window Animation Scale to 1x, and Transition Animation Scale to 1x (or play around with them for varying effects).
- Filed under: