Chrome Beta for Android was updated today, to fix a handful of bugs and undoubtedly introduce a few new ones. Build 25.0.1364.33 is being pushed to Google Play, and everyone should see it in a few hours. The change log shows the following fixes:
- 164632 - Edit Bookmark is broken
- 167351 - Youtube video controls are lost after returning from fullscreen
- 167016 - Some Samsung Galaxy S2 freezes
- 168062 - Double tapping on non-zoomable sites scrolls the page to the top briefly before returning to original position
- 167379 - Sometimes tabswitcher is frozen
- 166998 - Tab content stretched out while returning to it through side swipe gesture
- 168632 - Crash - Stack Signature: TabAndroidImpl::FromWebContents
- 168388 - Sync signed in info text's font size is too small
- 168430 - Bookmark star icon doesn't turn grey/white immediately after bookmarking URL /deleting URL from bookmarks
Minor annoyances all, but the beta track is where things like this get fixed. We're not going to post every time Chrome Beta gets updated, but we want to throw this one out so everyone can try the new Web Speech API when they are able to update to see how (if) it works on mobile. I'm hammering away, and I know plenty of you will be as well -- sound off in the comments once you get the update and know if it works or not.
Didn't get around to installing Chrome Beta? Because it's beta software (as opposed to beta-feeling software) it's not listed or searchable in Google Play. Click the link above to get it.
- Filed under: