ASUS is bringing the Ice Cream Sandwich love in 2012 with the EeePad MeMO
ME370T ME171, and a new upmarket model Transformer Prime, the TF700T. The new Prime, which doesn't replace the existing Transformer Prime we all know and love, has a few upgrades from the original model, namely a 1920x1200 display, a 2MP front camera for HD video conferencing, and a re-designed back plate for better Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS reception. It will use the same docking station and battery life should be very comparable to the current TF201 Transformer Prime.
The MeMO is a 7-inch tablet with an emphasis more on media and entertainment than productivity. Bundled are applications like MyPainter, MyNet, MyCloud, Asus Sync and other productivity and entertainment applications, making it an ideal tablet for folks who want the 7-inch form factor. Its full specs:
- 7.0” WXGA, 1280 x 800 resolution, IPS panel with capacitive touch
- Qualcomm 8260 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage; ASUS Webstorage options
- Wifi 802.11b/g/n , Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, aGPS
- Camera- 1.2MP Video Camera (front)/5MP Auto-Focus Camera (rear) with 1080P recording
- G-sensor; e-compass; Light sensor; Gyroscope, Proximity sensor
- MicroUSB port (client); Audio Jack (Head Phone/Stereo Mic-in); Card Reader (MicroSD); microHDMI (1.3a); SIM Card slot; Stereo Speakers
- Li-polymer 4400mAh battery (Battery Life: 8.5hrs video playback routine)
- Android 4.0.1
- Dimensions/Weight- 7.8 x 4.6 x 0.50”; 14.2oz
We don't have exact dates for either of these beauties, but we expect the MeMO sometime in Q2 of 2012.
Update: We just heard from ASUS, and there was a slight mix-up with the model numbers. The MeMO referenced in this post is actually the ME171.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: