Looks like the Android 2.0.1 update is starting to roll out for the Verizon Droid, with word coming fast and furious from our fourms, BGR and Twitter. This one's mandatory, and you're going to want it. Here are the bullet points of what's coming in the ESD56 update:
- Improved OS stability.
- Improved battery life.
- Camera's autofocus is improved, time between shots is reduced.
- Three-way calling enhancements.
- Incoming call quality is improved.
- Speakerphone remains on when call waiting kicks in.
- Better Bluetooth, background echo eliminated, improved phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle systems.
- GPS icon will disappear after a GPS app is closed.
- SMS and MMS messages can be received after an EMS message is received.
- SMS and MMS can now go to seven-digit addresses.
- Google contact merging supports seven-digit numbers.
- Visual Voice Mail notices arrive instantly.
- Corporate calendar widget is updated.
More information about the update, including full instructions, at http://support.vzw.com/information/droid_upgrade.html.
You patient types should be able to sit back and let the update come to you. As for the rest of us, go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates and see if it's available. And sound off in in the comments once you get it.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!