What you need to know
- PlayStation Now is the PlayStation subscription service that allows users to stream games in the library to their PC or PlayStation 4.
- PlayStation Now is getting a major price drop across all regions it is available in.
- There will also be new limited time games that come to the service for a couple of months.
- You can load up on PlayStation Now through Amazon.
PlayStation Now is a subscription service that allows users to play a whole host of games streamed to their PlayStation 4 or PC. If players are on PlayStation 4, they can download the games in the subscription library. The service is getting some major changes in the near future and all the different changes are laid out on PlayStation Blog.
For starters, PlayStation Now is getting a major price drop. The yearly subscription has dropped from $100 to $60 USD in the USA, while the quarterly subscription drops from $45 to $25 USD and the monthly subscription falls from $15 to $10 USD. Here's the full breakdown of price changes from PlayStation Blog:
- US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
- CAN: $12.99 – monthly / $34.99 – quarterly / $79.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
- EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly/ €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)
- UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly/ £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)
- JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900 / (N/A)
These aren't the only big changes on the way however, as PlayStation will now be adding new, limited time games. God of War, Grand Theft Auto V, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Infamous: Second Son are all coming to the service. The first three games will remain available until January 2, 2020. So, if you haven't played any of these three titles and you're a PlayStation Now subscriber, you've got an incentive to jump on them.
Games being available for only a couple of months is a big change for PlayStation Now, as all titles added previously were permanent additions. This brings PlayStation Now a little more in line with its Xbox Game Pass competitor, where newer, premium games are added for a limited time.
Stream your games
Gaming where you want
PlayStation Now allows users to stream 800 different games to their PlayStation 4 or PC. With an ever-growing library, it's a great option if you don't want to purchase a bunch of games.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The 'Super Pink Moon' is tonight — here's how to take pictures of it
On April 7, 2020, the stunning Super Pink Moon will make an appearance in the night sky. Here's how to take an incredible photo of it!
These are the best games for your Android phone
We're rounding up the best games, free and premium, you should be playing today.
Daily Coronavirus updates: Microsoft extends remote work guidelines
COVID-19 has already infected over 1.3 million people globally and caused over 76,500 fatalities. Here are all the ways the coronavirus is affecting the world.
Go up against real intelligence with these multiplayer PlayStation VR games
If you’d like your gaming experience to entail meeting some new friends or duking it out against human intelligence, we’ve rounded up the best multiplayer games for PlayStation VR.