What you need to know
- OnePlus is rolling out a new OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8 Pro.
- The OxygenOS 10.5.5 update partially fixes the display green tint issue reported by some OnePlus 8 Pro owners.
- In addition to the green tint fix, the update brings minor camera improvements and optimized touch sensitivity on the screen edges.
Some owners of the OnePlus 8 Pro recently reported that the phone's screen suffers from a green tint issue, similar to the problem reported by Galaxy S20 Ultra owners earlier this month. According to a report from Android Police, the latest OxygenOS 10.5.5 update for the OnePlus 8 Pro includes a "partial fix" for the green tint issue.
Even though the update changelog does not explicitly mention any fix for the green tint issue, some OnePlus 8 Pro owners on the OnePlus Community forums claim that the green tint issue is no longer as noticeable. A proper fix, however, will likely arrive in the next stable OxygenOS update for the flagship phone.
The OxygenOS 10.5.5 update also brings a few other optimizations and improvements. Some of these include better touch sensitivity on the edges of the screen, improved video smoothness, more accurate white balance and focus in low-light environments, enhanced mobile data and Wi-Fi stability, and a few other minor tweaks.
Here's the full changelog:
- Optimized touch sensitivity on the screen edges
- Optimized the display effects
- Improved video smoothness in Motion graphics smoothing
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
- Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment Improved the smoothness and stability
- Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
If you own a OnePlus 8 Pro and haven't received an update notification yet, you can try looking for the update manually by heading into Settings > System > System updates.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Nest Secure is discontinued — here's what's going on and why it matters
Nest's home security alarm system is only three years old, and yet its already heading to the Google Graveyard. This announcement is sudden, unexpected, and quite honestly unreasonable on Google's part, as it leaves users and their home safety in limbo.
Windows apps on Chromebooks are here, but most of you can't use them yet
Windows has finally come to Enterprise Chromebooks and it looks great! The only thing that could make it greater is a personal edition.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review: The new flagship killer
The Galaxy S20 FE is the latest in Samsung's crusade to dominate every pricing tier with a well-rounded device that makes the appropriate sacrifices while maintaining the company's standards for quality and performance.
Your OnePlus 8 Pro deserves only the best screen protectors
We love the OnePlus 8 Pro, especially its 120Hz AMOLED display. A screen protector is installed on the phone out of the box, but if you find yourself needing a new one, here's what we recommend buying.