What you need to know
- Capcom shared in a press release that Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has sold over 4 million copies so far.
- The base game, Monster Hunter World, has sold over 15 million copies so far.
- Monster Hunter World first released in January 2018, while the Iceborne expansion released in September 2019.
- You can grab Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on PlayStation 4 for $30 from Amazon (opens in new tab).
Capcom's strong success with Monster Hunter World is continuing. In a recent press release, Capcom shared that across all platforms, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has sold over 4 million copies worldwide. The base game continues on chugging as well, selling over 15 million copies so far, a first for any individual Capcom title.
Monster Hunter World was already Capcom's bestselling game of all time and that spot has now been further solidified. The Monster Hunter franchise has now sold over 61 million copies, though the Resident Evil franchise has still sold more overall, sitting at over 93 million copies sold.
Monster Hunter World first released on consoles in January 2018, while the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion became available on consoles in September 2019. The PC version of the expansion has also released and you can check out our review of that port right here. Our reviewer, Jordan Palmer, noted that "Monster Hunter World is a complex game, with Iceborne bumping up the challenge considerably, but with perseverance and practice, anyone can overcome this, and wind up addicted."
- Related: List of new monsters coming to Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Related: Monster Hunter: World ultimate beginner's guide — How to get into this massive RPG
- Related: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne beginner's guide, tips, and tricks
Hunt in Hoarfrost Reach
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is an upcoming expansion to Capcom's most successful game of all time, Monster Hunter World. Take the fight to Hoarfrost Reach and battle all-new beasties, returning threats, and grind all-new gear.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.