Microsoft is very busy on the Android app front. It has launched a version of its Translator app for both Android and Android Wear, while also updating its OneDrive Android Wear app. Finally, it has released a major revamp of its OneNote Android Wear app.
Here's a quick look at the app's features for both phone and Android Wear:
- On your watch: Speak to your watch and get an instant translations in 50 languages
- Not sure how to pronounce the translation? Let Translator speak the phrase for you.
- Noisy environment? Just show someone your watch or phone. In addition, on the phone, large full-screen translation cards make it easy to show others what you're trying to communicate
- Bookmark your translations for later use
- All your translations are synchronized between your watch and your phone, settings too
- On the phone companion app, in addition to speech translations from your watch's language, you can select other speech languages or you can type on your keyboard (really useful for noisy places!). You can also copy & paste translations from and to other apps
Here's what's new in the OneDrive Android Wear app:
"The new OneDrive for Android Wear brings many improvements. Among the highlights, with the new OneDrive watch face, every time you activate your watch, you'll see a great photo from the last 30 days. It's a fun way to personalize your watch with new photos rotating through every month. And with OneDrive notifications on your watch, you'll always be up-to-date on edits made to shared documents.
Finally, here's what you can expect from the new update to the Android Wear OneNote app:
With OneNote for Android Wear on your wrist, it's now even easier to stay organized and keep track of your notes. You spoke, we listened. Now, in addition to dictating a new note with the ease of saying "Ok Google, take a note," you can see your most recently viewed notes right on your watch. No more balancing acts are needed between your phone and whatever else is keeping your hands full.
- Download Microsoft Translator from the Google Play Store
- Download Microsoft OneDrive from the Google Play Store
- Download Microsoft OneNote from the Google Play Store
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.