Kingdom Hearts fans rejoice: developer Square Enix has brought its mashup of the Final Fantasy and Disney characters to Android users in North America with Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X. The title, which was originally released for Android in Japan in late 2015, acts as a prologue to the rest of the Kingdom Hearts series. Players will get a chance to go back to the beginning of the Kingdom Hearts story and see what led up to the Keyblade War.
Here's a look at what you can expect from Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X:
- Battle against the Heartless using your legendary Keyblades. Tap to attack, swipe to hit multiple enemies, and flick medals to unleash their special abilities.
- Strategize to defeat enemies in fewer turns for greater rewards by using your special attacks and finding the right balance of power, magic, and speed medals.
- Customize your hero by changing your avatar's outfits to match your style of fashion. Be on the lookout for outfits based upon popular Disney, FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS characters, as well as seasonal clothing!
- Collect and evolve hundreds of character medals, which contain the harnessed power of popular Disney and FINAL FANTASY heroes and villains.
- Team up with friends to challenge and take down monstrous Heartless raid bosses for even greater rewards!
- Survive the challenges in the Olympus Coliseum, where the strongest heroes can brave additional bosses and unlock the rare medals.
If you're a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, you can grab the game for free on Google Play now.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.