Why pay for domestic calling when you can make Wi-Fi calls to Canada and the U.S. for free with Google Hangouts? All you need is the Hangouts Dialer and you'll be able to dial any number and make a call via Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G (data rates apply, of course).
You can call internationally, but you will be charged Google's rates. That being said, Google's international rates are considerably cheaper than many leading telephone service providers' rates.
Here's how to make Wi-Fi phone calls using the Hangouts Dialer and Google Hangouts for Android!
How to find and download Hangouts Dialer in the Google Play Store for Android
- Launch the Google Play Store from your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Type Hangouts Dialer into the field.
Tap the search button on the bottom right of your screen. Depending on your keyboard, it probably looks like a magnifying glass.
- Tap the result by Google Inc.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
For the quickest possible route, you can also follow this link to the Play Store to install!
How to make free Wi-Fi calls using the Hangouts Dialer app for Android
- Launch the Hangouts Dialer app from your home screen or from within the Hangouts app.
- Tap the keypad button at the bottom of the screen. It's a little grid of nine dots with a tenth underneath.
- Dial the Canadian or American phone number you wish to call.
- Tap the green call button at the bottom of your screen. It's a green circle with a white telephone receiver in it.
Tap the red hang up button to end the call. It's a red circle with a white telephone receiver in it.
How to delete your call history in the Hangouts Dialer app for Android
- Launch Google Hangouts from your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap the calls button if you're not already on that screen. It's the white telephone receiver on the upper right of your screen.
- Tap Clear recent on the upper right of your screen.
Tap Clear in the pop-up.
You can now pre-order Motorola’s foldable RAZR on Verizon for $1,500
Motorola's foldable RAZR reboot is finally up for pre-order in the U.S for $1,500.
Are you going to keep your Galaxy S10 throughout 2020?
There are a lot of exciting phones set to come out in 2020, but the Galaxy S10 still has plenty of kick left in it. If you own the phone, do you plan on keeping it throughout this year?
Samsung will give away Galaxy Buds+ with S20+ and S20 Ultra pre-orders
Samsung's Galaxy S20 series will be here before you know it, and when pre-orders open up, you'll be able to get your hands on the new Galaxy Buds+ for free.
The best doorbells that support Google Assistant
Smart doorbells are great. Smart doorbells that work with the Google Assistant are even better. Here are the best ones you can buy!